If you’re investing in timber flooring, then you want to make that investment work by ensuring the best installation possible.
Creating a professional finish to your flooring requires knowledge and experience, and at My Timber we provide a premium installation service by professionals with over 20 years in the business.
Here’s some things to consider when selecting your flooring options, and something we consider to part of the service and workmanship we offer:
- Just like baking a cake, you need to get the base ingredients right for a professional finish. Preparing the subfloor is one of the most critical aspects of installing a floating floor. If you don’t get it right, you could be risking a lifetime of creaking, hollow-sounding, damaged boards.
- Choosing the right underlay for your house is critical for a great result. There are many options available on the market, but choosing a quality underlay that includes a moisture barrier and sound reduction (especially on second floors or in strata apartments) will ensure a better quality result
- Depending on the specific needs of you home, flooring can be nailed down, glued down, or installed with. Make sure you ask which is best for your home.
- The finishing touches are all important when selecting flooring. Are the trims colour matched to your flooring choice? And will the installer remove and replace skirting boards as part of the job?
- Custom made stair nosing makes an impact on a timber flooring staircase, but again is not always part of the package. At My Timber, we make our own custom made stair nosing on site to ensure the best finish.